ISA workshop at University of Jammu
Information Security Awareness Workshop
@ University of Jammu, Bhaderwah Campus
on 03rd April 2012
by National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology Srinagar/Jammu
(DOEACC Centre Srinagar/Jammu )
A workshop was conducted on 3rd April 2012 at University of jammu, Bhaderwah Campus. The workshop was inaugurated by Sh.Jitendar manhas, HOD, MCA Deparment and was attended by 40 students (From MBA,MCA and English Departments) along with their 6 staff members.
The key speakers for the workshop were Shri. Rajneesh Raina (STO), shri s.K.Sharma (TO) and Shri. D.S.Oberoi (Scientist E).
The workshop was held in session wise manner and following sessions were held,
- Introduction to ISEA project
- Introduction to Information Security
- Video Session
- Detailed session on Browser , IM, downloads, anti-Virus, Firewall
- Detailed session on spyware, Threats, Vulnerabilities etc.
- Practical Session on Firewall, anti-virus, OS updates and Internet Browser,Netbanking,
- Question and Answer Session
The workshop was finally followed by question and answer session and student's and staff questions/ queries were related to
- Issues related to Encryption-Pen and Hard Disk Drives
- Issues related to pirated software and its harmful effects etc
- Torrents and threats to Information Security
- Data Possession
- Zeroo day Vulnerabilities
- password cacking and steganography
Audiesnce were informed about the www.infosecawareness.in website and its relavance in light of present workshop, safe Internet and computer usage.