How to Remove the Virus Manually
- Operating systems CD/DVD (If OS corrupts)
- Antivirus software with recent updates
- Sysinternals security utilities like process explorer and autoruns
CAUTION: Disable autorun on all drives from Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) and never double click removable media without checking virus (for autorun.inf and other virus executables)
Activate the task manager:
Group policy window will open, In this windows go to User configurataion pane and ===>admin templates===>system===>ctrl+alt+del===>Remove Task Manager==>Select and Apply "Not configured."
Go to below path in the registry editor and set the DisableTheTaskMgr key to 0
Not Able to open command prompt?
How to find and delete the virus files?
- Open command prompt(Go to run, Type cmd and press Enter key)
- Go to the path with the command (cd\ 2) cd c:\windows\system32)
- View the file with DIR command. If not able to see execute DIR/AH command to view the hidden files. If you find its hidden execute the command attrib -r –a –s –h <filename> to reset the attributes of that file
- Then finally delete that file with the command DELETE <file name>
- Open command prompt with Start Menu -> RUN ->cmd and press enter
- In command prompt window, type CD\ to go to the parent directory
- View the hidden files with the command DIR/AH , you will find autoruns.inf and other files with extensions like .exe, .com and execute the command ATTRIB –R –H *.* to unhide them and then delete those files with the command DELETE AUTORUN.INF and DELETE <VIRUS FILE NAMES>
|Popular Anti-Spyware Softwares||Popular Anti-Virus Softwares|
|Spybot Search and Destroy
Microsoft Bit defender
|Microsoft Security Essentials
AVG Antivirus for home users
AVAST Home Edition
MCA fee Antivirus, Kaspersky
How most of the viruses/spyware spread?
- E-mail Attachments,
- Removable media like floppy disks, Pen drives, Memory Cards.
- Browsing malicious content and unknown sites
How to detect your computer has virus/spyware?
Task manager, Folder options, registry editor will be disabled, No Access to drives, Cannot install any software or run programs and Antivirus software process never runs,
System responds very slowly, changed home page, continuous popup.