A major role for the Awareness of cyber security has been, and will continue to be, to leverage existing awareness and outreach efforts and to initiate and enhance public. Promoting a secure cyberspace is the responsibility of every citizen, all levels of government, academia, and industries, regardless of size or sector. The list of key stakeholders involved in the solution is limitless, and therefore, the solution will only come as a result of coordinated, public-private partnerships.
There is need to develop a national awareness campaign and a strategy to communicate public with masses, academia and private industry across the country about the importance of cyber security and their role in enhancing security. Recognizing the role of school students, teachers, and schools and universities, a strategy has been created to bring cyber security directly to them. In addition, We have to mobilize of dedicated state and local public servants who have taken shared responsibility in enhancing cyber security awareness in state and local government agencies throughout each state.
Aim and Scope of the project
- To identify, design, implement and coordinate a comprehensive national awareness campaign on Information Security for industry, academia and masses at large.
- To conduct awareness programs i.e workshops and conferences
- To Develop security guide book for preparedness of the cyber security
- To support, promote, and launch a national public service campaign on cyber security.
- To develop an open source cyber security tool kit for home users, school children and housewives
- To partner with educational groups, school boards, superintendents, teachers, and colleges and universities etc to develop and distribute materials to school children and institutions of higher education that raise awareness of appropriate cyber security behavior
- To provide cyber security and ethics curricula and explore opportunities for introducing awareness content as part of courses and Implementing help line through Web Portal
- Periodic study of information security best practices, awareness levels of various stake holders and outreaching of information security awareness( dipstick Analysis/study Physical achievements with specific intermediate milestones