Parental Control Bar
Parental Control Bar is a simple, powerful tool to help shield your children from explicit websites. Simply activate Child-Mode while your children surf the internet, and the toolbar will block access to adult-oriented websites.
An important aspect of ensuring that your child is safe while using the Internet is the installation of parental control software.
Parental controls will provide you with the advantage of being able to
- Enforce time limits to child Internet activity set by parents.
- Block access to materials (pictures) identified as inappropriate for kids.
- Monitor your child’s activity on the Internet by storing names of sites and/or snapshots of material seen by your child on the computer for you to view later.
- Set different restrictions for each family member.
- Limit results of an Internet search to content appropriate for kids.
Parental control Bars in Web Browsers
Internet Explorer 8
The Parental Control Bar in Windows vista OS supports for Internet Explored by default.
For information on setting up parental controls in Windows Vista.
- Open Parental Controls by clicking the start button, clicking Control Panel, under User accounts, clicking Setup Parental Controls. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Then click the standard user account for which to set Parental Controls.
- Under Parental Controls, Click On
- And also, third party parental control bar tools can be downloaded from
- Go to following website and download
Firefox Browser in Windows
There are many Firefox addons or extensions, which we can download from
Some of the products/addons for Firefox
Glubble for Families
Glubble allows you you create a private family page where you can monitor and support your children’s online activities. Glubble provides games, chat, safe surfing, and a Family Photo Timeline service for uploading, storing, and sharing your photos online. Glubble integrates Ask for Kids, a safe search engine for children.
ProCon filters web page content by using a list of inappropriate words and replacing them with asterisks (***). Note that the bad word filter does not block websites containing the words; you must add the website to a Blacklist. ProCon can also block all traffic, making sure that only desired websites (set in the Whitelist) can be accessed. You can manage "white" and "black" lists of sites and pages. ProCon also has password protection in order to keep others from changing the settings.
In addition to Firefox extensions, there are many third-party software packages that can filter content through your operating system or at the point where your network connects to the Internet.
Firefox Browser in Linux
The above add ons Glubble and ProCon Latte will support for both Linux and Mac Operating systems.
Third party Tools for windows XP and previous windows OSs:
ParentalControl Bar, a browser toolbar, is a free solution available as a download on the Internet. ParentalControl Bar is provided free of charge to the public by WRAAC.org, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing free, effective internet control tools