Good and Strong Password for Children
Password is a key or a secret codeword or a string of characters, which is used to protect your assets or information from others in the cyber world.
It is used for authentication, to prove our identity or to gain access to our own resources. It should be kept secret to prevent access by unauthorized users.
A good and strong password is first and major step in the protection mechanism to be adopted for safeguarding your data and system in digital world.
Mentioned below are few key points to be noted while framing a password.
Points to be noted
- Use at least 8 characters or more to create a password. The more number of special characters we use, the more secure is our password.
- Create a password consisting of a combination of lowercase, uppercase, numbers and special characters etc.
- Use different passwords for different accounts.
- Use passphrase, a string of related words, to easily remember your password.
- Avoid using the words from dictionary. They can be cracked easily.
- Create a password such that it can be remembered. This avoids the need to write passwords somewhere, which is not advisable.
- Make sure the password must be difficult to guess.
- Change the password frequently at least 2 weeks once.
- Be careful while entering a password when someone is sitting beside you
- When changing a password ensure that you are not using a password that was used earlier.
- Ensure that you don’t Store the passwords on computer without encryption utility.
- Ensure that you do not use the name of things located around you as passwords for your account.
- Ensure that you do not send your passwords through e-mail or as a message.