Free Ramzan Ration Scams
Beware of fake ‘Free Ramzan Ration’ messages
Cyber fraudsters are always on the lookout for opportunities to device new ways to lure and trap the unsuspecting citizens. This time of the year, as the holy month of Ramzan has begun, it is observed the fraudsters are on the prowl with the fake – Free Ramzan Ration Scam.
- Financial loss
- Mobile hacking
- Malware attack
- Data leak
- Blackmail etc.,
- User receives messages with links of free offers/schemes
- It Prompts user to click on the link.
- The user may be redirected to suspicious sites/links
- Prompted to enter their personal details to complete registration & claim offers
- Further a software download may also be attempted.
- Leads to data leak, malware/virus attacks
Warning Signs - Few pointers to spot the scam
- Can sound too good to be true.
- Creating unrequired urgency to share details
- Requesting for unrelated personal details
- Tweaked website or email id of the sender
- Requirement of sharing the message with other members/groups
- No genuine website/organization would ask to share the link with your contacts.
- Never believe the free gift offers/messages/ mails circulated on special occasions or festivals which are usually used as bait by fraudsters and cyber criminals.
- Do not forward fake messages, links, and mails to people as prompted by senders without proper verification or authentication.
- Never share your personal details or financial information like login credentials/passwords/credit or debit card details and other such information online with any one, as it can be misused.
- Never click on unknown links or download unauthorized apps or software on your digital devices as it can install malicious software on your device.
- Install updated anti-virus on your digital devices for security and protection.
- Only visit authorized/legitimate company/organization website for valid information
- Only visit the authorized/legitimate company website for customer care numbers, avoid searching for numbers on google as they may be misleading.
- Immediately block the number and report against such fake offers
- Keep yourself updated about the cyber frauds and scams
- Ensure that you always follow safe online practices.